Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Sick House

This past week has really been a stressful one. On Wednesday morning around 3:30AM I got woken up by the sound of a scary cough coming from the baby monitor. I got up and rushed into the nursery to find Dylan sick as a dog. He was wide awake and was staring at me with these sad little eyes. I knew that it was going to be a long day since he was up at 4am and his brother was still fast asleep....People with one baby don't realize how hard it is to have one sick kid when you have twins. If I had one baby who was up sick in the middle of the night, I could easily just sleep when he does. HOWEVER, my luck would be that as soon as Dylan went to sleep, Brayden would wake up. Sure enough, this is exactly what happened. So I tried my best to cuddle Dylan because he just wanted to lay around all day, but Brayden is sooo incredibly jealous that he couldn't stand me holding Dylan. So on top of a sick baby, I had an extremely whiny baby too!!! After a long day, they finally both went to sleep and I was exhausted but was hit with a bout of insomnia! The next morning I had a sore throat, cough, migraine, chest ache, and my ears were hurting...oh and now Brayden had a 102* fever! Now, 4 days, 3 packs of theraflu and 1 bottle of children's motrin later, we are all 3 still sick as can be. And to make things worse, Aaron is gone all weekend at the Academy. =/ Seeking prayers for my family to be healthy soon!

2 comments:

Lacy Mongelli said...

That's horrible! I hope you all feel better. I don't know how you do it with 2 kids, I can barely handle Ry sometimes. You're amazing!!

Cindy's Circle said...

Feel better Sweetie