Thursday, September 3, 2009

Bed Rest-Day 14

Well today I am not feeling so well. My back is achy and I have not been sleeping well at all which means I am extremely cranky! I cannot wait until we get a new mattress! That will be our next big purchase. I do not know what is going on with the Earth but it is hotter than it has ever been in South San Francisco. For all of you who don't know, the bay area homes do not come with air conditioners. We are living with one teeny tiny fan that frankly doesn't work worth a crap! My step dad and Mom were supposed to be driving up from Fresno today to help Aaron with the big move. Unfortunately my mom has the flu so my step dad will be coming solo. I am stressed out and frustrated that I can't do anything to help. There is soooo much that needs to be done at the new house as well as a ton of repairs and what not at our current house. We are stretched to the limit and I feel really bad for Aaron. I think the worst part of it all, is that I cannot be in control and that is something very hard for me to give up. Can you believe I just admitted that I am a control freak?? On a lighter note, yesterday I hit the 24 week pregnant mark. That means the babies are now viable. If they were to be born today they would no doubt have some major defects, but they could survive. I am happy that I made it to this point and now I am striving to keep them in another 6 weeks! I can do it if I just relax and pray about it. Did I mention we heard from the landlord?? It was a no go on the new carpet but his reasoning made me feel better about it. He just had triple bypass surgery and has been out of work for 4 months. New carpet is not in his budget right now and I understand that. He sent a cleaning crew to tackle the house and a carpet cleaner over there. I can't wait to check it out!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Gotta call ya!

E-Ballyn said...

You're in my prayers :) you can do this Brit! I'm a control freak also, but what I do is give all that control to god instead. It will all work out in the end, and you'll feel less stressed, and in turn that will help those little pinto beans!

Keep up the good work, we're all rooting for ya!