Thursday, July 30, 2009

Oh reality!

I have worked for as long as I can remember. Everday I would go to work and think about how great it would be to just stay at home all day. I imagined what my house would look like if I stayed home. I pictured all the dishes clean and put away, organized cupboards, floors you could eat off of, and all laundry folded and in its proper place. That is SOOO not what my house looks like right now. I am quite disappointed with myself. I stopped working April 9 and still, my house is not maintained. I am 4.5 months pregnant and soon these babies will be here. Do I really think that when they get here I am going to have the time to maintain the house the way I used to invision? I rarely have a meal cooked for my husband after her gets home from a long day at work and when I was working I would cook almost every single night! I just have absolutely no desire to get up and really do it!! I know I am on bed rest pretty much but still...you can organize while you are on bed rest. Its like one side of my brain is arguing with the side that actually wants me to get up and DO IT while the other side that wants me to just sit around and be lazy is clearly winning! Any advice or motivation for me to WANT to get up and move?

4 comments:

E-Ballyn said...

I feel the same way girl! I have to clean my WHOLE HOUSE... which I have envisions of too! AND YET, here I am, writing you a comment, lol!

Here is what I suggest! Have a simple to do list, which you will do everyday. Small things that will make a difference. And at the end you at least know you were productive each day, even if it's small! Good luck. Let me know if you need help! I am free all month! lol I'm serious...

Anonymous said...

I too have this problem but I am not pregnant so I really have no excuse. For a person that really only works 3 days a week you would think my house would be spotless to...but I have no motivation.

I know that maybe assigning a task a day helps, like, monday bathrooms, tuesday, living room etc. I do realize though that if I know we will be having company I clean. So maybe we should host more events at our houses more often! =)

Unknown said...

When the babies are here, you will not have a choice. Everything they want for the first few months is just what they get. Anything you can organize now, sweet girl, will pay off in a few short months. I am so excited for these boys to be here, but I promise now is your time! love you and Happy Anniversary!

Shelly said...

Hey Brit! I agree with Mish, anything you can do now to make your life more organized later will pay off greatly!! However, do take time for yourself and these growing babies- they need you to rest and relax too. A happy medium is always best. By the way, I have been saving the boys clothes for you, so please let me know next time you are in town so that I can get them to you.