Thursday, May 28, 2009

2009's Action Plan


Now that I am unemployed, I have a ton of time on my hands. 2 days ago on Oprah, I watched Suze Orman explain her Action Plan to help American's get out of debt in 2009. She provided so much useful information and I am considering picking up her new book. Our challenge is that our expenses significantly outway our income. We have been trying to sell Aaron's Dodge truck for almost a year now and no hits. It is a really nice truck with over 5 grand in extras too! It just seems like no one wants to buy a truck in this economy! What does your family do to get out of debt?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A couple of years ago, when we were super tight, we started selling things on craigslist that we were not using. We completely stopped spending. Yes, it was extremely tough. We did not go out to eat, we did not have elaborate meals. No extra curriculars for the kids. Homemade gifts. There were many ways to cut, but it was really hard and hard on our marriage. God showed us favor when Scott went back to the PD. I love my hubby for sucking it up and humbling himself. Now he gets treats a lot. xoxo