Saturday, September 10, 2011

Beef Stroganoff!

I have been lagging on my crock pot posts! So on Thursday I made Beef stroganoff in the crock pot. Let me just say the meat came out AMAZING however the sauce had a "funny" taste to it. I think that the cream cheese made it taste funny, so maybe next time I will omit that or maybe just use a little of it to see how it comes out! I will NEVER make this again this way, but I will share it anyway! This is what you need and what you do:


In slow cooker, combine uncooked meat and all ingredients EXCEPT cream cheese & noodles.

Cook on low setting for 8 hrs or high for about 5 hrs. Approx. 15-20 min before serving, add the cream cheese; stir occasionally until melted. Approx. 10 minutes before serving, add uncooked noodles, push down in sauce to get lightly coated; replace lid, but stir occasionally until noodles are soft & ready to eat.

1 & 1/4 pound cubed beef stew meat

2 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (98% fat free for a healthier choice)

1 chopped onion

2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce

1/4 c. water (or a little more if you want saucy) I use beef broth or red wine or a mixture of both

dash of garlic salt (I use Garlic-Garlic from Tastefully Simple)

8 oz cream cheese (cut up) and 1 package of egg noodles

End result:








No comments: